These Terms and Conditions apply to our Mobile Banking services called “Hattha Mobile”. The Terms and Conditions of this Agreement shall apply to and govern Customer access and use of all Mobile Banking Services currently offered or that may be offered in the future.
It is important that Customer read and understand these Terms and Conditions before using Mobile Banking service, Customer agrees that these Terms and Conditions apply to Customer and Customer will comply with them. If Customer do not understand any part or if Customer has any questions, please call our Call Center on (855) 23 999 266, 23 994 304/ Tollfree 1800 212 222 or visit at any our branch.
Customer is also required to read other terms and conditions or booklets such as:
1. General Terms and Conditions of Deposit (Savings, HYSA, Term Deposit)
2. Terms and Conditions of Transfer
3. Fees and Charges of Transfer, Account, and relevant products.
Terms & Conditions are covered for Individual Customer only។
Following words and expressions shall have the corresponding meanings:
1. Account balance: An account balance is the amount of money present in a banking account of customer, such as a savings or checking account, at any given moment. The account balance is always the net amount after factoring in all debits and credits.
2. Account holder: Means a person who has an account in their own name or, if in joint names, in respect of which Hattha Bank Plc. may act on the instructions of any 1 or more of them.
3. Account(s): Means any account Customer have with Hattha Bank Plc. that Customer have nominated, and which Hattha Bank Plc. has agreed is accessible by Mobile Banking.
4. Available balance: Means the amount of funds available in the account. It does not include minimum balance or value held against the balance.
5. Biometric: The Fingerprint or Face Recognition of mobile device use to confirm transaction.
6. Business Day: Means any day other than the weekends or a day gazette as a public holiday.
7. Customer: Means the person, 18 years old and over, who has downloaded Hattha Bank Plc.'s Mobile and used the Mobile Banking service.
8. CIF: In short of “Customer Information” that has 09 digits.
9. Device: Means any electronic device used to access any of the Electronic Banking Services (this includes desktop, laptop, tablet and other handheld computers along with mobile phones).
10. Financial Transaction: Mean the event that involves cash in-out transaction such as transfer, payment, and top-up.
11. Force Majeure: Means any act of nature, war, riot, sabotage, revolution, or any other unlawful act against public order or authority, an industrial or labor dispute, a governmental restraint, civil unrest, power shortages or power failure, sudden or unexpected system failure, or any other event or because which is not within the reasonable control.
12. Hattha Mobile App: Is the application of mobile banking that activated thru savings account of Hattha Bank Plc.
13. Non-Financial Transaction: Otherwise from financial transaction.
14. OTP: The One Time Password used to confirm critical transaction that has only 6 digits that will be sent to the registered mobile number and will be expired in 3 minutes after sending.
15. Own Accounts Transfer: Means the funds which is transferred between Customer own Hattha Bank Plc. accounts under Customer CIF number.
16. PIN: 6 digits code is generated from the system and will be shown in the successful screen of cash to ATM transaction.
17. Push Notification: Means an automate message sent by the application to a user when account has the transactions or information uploaded.
18. Services Partner: The company or institution that has a partnership with Hattha Bank Plc. to provide their product/ service through Hattha Bank Plc. to the customer.
19. Source Account: Means the account (s) Customer hold with Hattha Bank Plc. that has/have been nominated by Customer to be accessed the service via Mobile Banking.
20. Security Question: The security question is applied to the following feature to add extra security layer.
21. TPIN: The Transaction Personal Identity Number used to confirm transaction and it has only 4 digits of numeric.
22. “We”, “Us” and “Our”: Means Hattha Bank Plc. (Hattha Bank) who is a Mobile Banking service provider.
23. Within bank Transfer: Means the funds which are transferred through any Hattha Bank Plc. savings account.
4. Applicability of Terms and Conditions
By using Hattha Mobile App., the Customer hereby agrees to these Terms and Conditions, which form the contract between the Customer and Hattha Bank Plc. Hattha Mobile App will be governed by such Terms and Conditions and its consecutive amendment by Hattha Bank Plc. These Terms and Conditions shall be in addition to and not in derogation of other terms and conditions relating to any account of the Customer and/or the respective product or the service provided by Hattha Bank Plc, unless otherwise specifically stated.
5.1. Activate Account
a) Customer can activate into Hattha Mobile App by his/herself and Customer are an account holder by using a savings account number and mobile number that been provided to open the account.
b) After the customer enters their account number and phone number bound to their account, they will need to provide the 6 digits OTP.
c) If OTP verification is successful:
1. Existing user: follow with enter their TPIN to continue and customer has the option to enable their Biometric.
2. New user: follow with create a new TPIN and confirm the new TPIN. Then, customer needs to enter both security question and security answer to perform the next action. Then, customer has the option to enable their Biometric.
5.2. Access to Customer Accounts
a) Customer can access and operate Customer account(s) of CIF through the Mobile Banking services after successfully registered based on account usage conditions;
1. Single Account or Joint Account Holder (with condition of “anyone to sign”): can access and operate non-financial and financial transaction from all accounts.
2. Joint Account Holder (with condition of “all to sign”): can read and view transactions only; and operate non-financial transactions.
b) Our Mobile Banking services are available 24/7 h, 365 days a year except for downtime to allow for maintenance of the system including unavailable services of software providers, network service providers, internet service providers, and services partner.
c) Mobile Banking can be logged in for only one device at a time. If customer login to another account, the old device will no longer able to access unless re-login again.
6. Daily Limits
a) Daily Limit refers to the maximum allowable cumulative amount for all transaction types initiated through Mobile Banking service within 24 hours.
b) Hattha Mobile may change or impose new limit on the amount of financial transactions that will be available through Mobile Banking service either at its own discretion or to the extent permitted by law.
7. Customer Indemnity
a) The Customer shall maintain security question and TPIN secured by his/her own measure to avoid to be known or become known by any third party.
b) Customer will be liable for any loss of funds arising from unauthorized transaction on Customer account(s) before Customer notify Hattha Bank Plc. that security question or PIN has been misused, or become known to a third party and if:
1. Customer fails to look after and maintain security question or TPIN secure in accordance with the Terms and Conditions; or
2. Customer unreasonably delays notifying Hattha Bank of the misuse, loss or theft of Customer TPIN or becoming known to a third party and the loss occurs between the time Customer did, or should reasonably have become aware of these matters, and the time Customer notify Hattha Bank; or
3. Customer voluntarily discloses his/her security question or TPIN or kept a record of Customer TPIN without making a reasonable attempt to disguise it, or otherwise fails to protect the security of his/her TPIN.
4. Disclosing Customer security question constitutes authorization for use by others and Customer agrees to be liable for their action, including those of additional parties to whom they may disclose Customer security question and TPIN to.
c) Customer will be liable for and agree to indemnify Hattha Bank against any loss or damage Hattha Bank may suffer because Customer did not observe his/her obligations under these Terms and Conditions or acted negligently or fraudulently when using the Service.
d) Customer agrees that Hattha Bank will not be responsible for any liability, damage, loss including legal costs, whether consequential or not, whether directly or indirectly from any error, delay, failure in performance, inability to use the Mobile Banking service or of any of its obligations caused by circumstances beyond Hattha Bank’s control as mentioned in above Clause 2.11 (Force Majeure).
e) Hattha Bank will not be liable if Customer does not have sufficient available funds in his/her source account to complete the transaction Customer initiate or if the account is closed/ blocked/ dormant.
f) Hattha Bank will not be liable if Customer has not given Hattha Bank proper instructions or if the funds in Customer’s designated account are subject to legal proceeding or other encumbrance restricting such payment or transfer.
g) Hattha Bank will not be liable if Customer or any third party permitted by Customer to utilize Customer’s security question and/or TPIN commits fraud or violates any laws or regulations.
h) Hattha Bank reserves the right to amend, modify, revoke, or cancel the Terms and Conditions that apply to our Mobile Banking Services. Hattha Bank also reserves the right to change and/or upgrade the Mobile Banking service at any time if necessary. We will notify Customer of the changes at least 30 days by either way as below before we make any changes:
1. By email registered with Hattha Bank /Mobile Banking; or
2. By putting up information at Hattha Bank Branches, on Hattha Bank website, or other Hattha Bank social media channels; or
3. By registered mobile number.
i) The continued use of these Services following a change or amendment by Customer constitutes the act of acceptance of Customer to such changes or amendments to this Terms and Conditions. Customer will be informed or notify any change of term & condition.
a) Customer’s security question and TPIN is the key to access Customer’s account(s), and is very important not to disclose to any third party.
b) Customer is instructed to follow the below advice to help protect Customer’s security questions and TPIN:
1. Inform us immediately through contact information mentioned in Clause 12 of this Terms and Conditions if Customer suspects that his/her security question and TPIN has become known to anyone;
2. Change security question and TPIN regularly according to our suggestion or due to any suspected case;
3. Keep security question and TPIN for Mobile Banking Services different from other passwords;
4. If Customer need to change his/her access to Mobile Banking, please talk to any of our staff at our Branch or our contact stated in Clause 12 of this Terms and Conditions.
5. Do not use Customer’s date of birth, mobile number, or other things, that are easy to guess or known by Customer’s friends or family, to set as security question and/or TPIN.
6. Logging out of Mobile Banking as soon as Customer finishes using Mobile Banking.
7. Customer agrees that Customer will not provide or give access to his/her security question and/or TPIN to any third party.
9. Fee and Charges
a) Customer agrees to pay the fees and charges for using Mobile Banking Services. The fees will be debited to an available account nominated by Customer, or in the absence of such a nomination, to an account selected by Hattha Bank. If there are insufficient funds in Customer nominated account, Customer agrees to authorize Hattha Bank to deduct the fee or charges from any other Customer’s account(s) at Hattha Bank.
b) Customer is responsible for all charges by Hattha Bank when Customer made a transaction that required to pay fees or charges. While here are insufficient funds, the transaction will be failed or unsuccessful.
10. Termination and Suspension
a) Customer may stop using the Mobile Banking service at any time by visiting at any our branch to complete the procedure for closing Mobile Banking service.
b) Hattha Bank may suspend or terminate Customer’s use of Mobile Banking Service without Customer’s prior consent where we reasonably believe that the access should be suspended or terminated, where we believe that there is a risk of fraud or security breach, or where Customer has not accessed the Mobile Banking for a lengthy period.
11. Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing
a) Customer acknowledges that Hattha Bank is subject to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating Financial Terrorism laws as well as Hattha Bank financial group requirement which prohibit Hattha Bank from entering or provide service to transactions involving certain persons, entities or jurisdictions.
b) Referring to the laws of Cambodia or any other country, Hattha Bank’s obligations mean that:
1. Hattha Bank may be required to obtain additional information from Customer to assist us in compliance obligations or where required by any laws.
2. Hattha Bank reserves the right to disclose Customer’s information provided to us or any other information where required by laws and competent authorities.
3. Customer’s transactions may be delayed, blocked or frozen if we believe on reasonable grounds that making a transfer or payment may in breach of any laws.
4. We will incur no liability to Customer if we delay or block any transaction or refuse to pay any money in the reasonable belief that a transaction or payment would contravene any laws.
c) We reserve the right to collect more information and customer agree to provide such information to Hattha Bank:
1. To assist in providing information about a product or service;
2. To consider Customer request for a product or service;
3. To enable us to provide a product or service;
4. To tell Customer about other products or services that may be of interest to Customer;
5. To assist in arrangements with other organizations (such as subsidiary companies) in relation to the promotion and provision of a product or service;
6. To perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
7. To prevent or investigate any fraud or crime and as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes and external payment systems inside and outside of Cambodia.
d) We reserve the right to use Customer’s information for product and service development for being more appropriate for customer, for marketing purpose, business analysis to fit with Customer’s need, and for share with Hattha Bank’s parent company (including MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UF) Financial Group Inc. “MUFG” and Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited), National Bank of Cambodia, competent authorities, agents, services partners and other relevant parties as required by laws and regulations of the Kingdom of Cambodia, and other countries governing Hattha Bank’s parent company. All information of Customer will be kept confidential by Hattha Bank and will not be shared to any third party, other than the above mention, without consent of customer.
12. Privacy Notice
a) While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
1. Email address
2. First name and last name
3. Your CIF and Account Number
4. Phone number
5. ZIP/Postal code , Address, Province, City
6. Usage Data
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
b) Hattha Bank may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. To provide and maintain our Service
2. To manage Your Account
3. To support any compliance obligations, any applicable laws or regulations, or assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or authority.
4. To contact You
c) The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
13. Complaint and Dispute Solution
a) If for any reason Customer register a complaint with us, Customer can do so at any Branch or by emailing through our website www.hatthabank.com or contact our call center (+855) 23 999 266, 23 994 304/ Toll free 1800 212 222.
b) We will make every effort to answer Customer’s query or resolve Customer’s complaint according to our Customer Complaint Procedure. If the investigation is not completed within this period, Customer will be informed the reasons.
13. Applicable Law
This Terms and Conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the National Bank of Cambodia (NBC), the Cambodian Laws and international convention applicable to Cambodia.